Greetings My Friend

Welcome to my personal blog. This blog is all about life, faith, love and anything under the sun. Peace out.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Shine

Then Jesus asked them, “Would anyone light a lamp and then put it under a basket or under a bed? Of course not! A lamp is placed on a stand, where its light will shine. Mark 4:21


Took time to read and meditate this verse earlier this morning before I started with my first day at work. Indeed, God has His ways in making things happen. I don't understand it but there's excitement if you don't know everything (I'm talking about my job hunting experience, but that's a different story). 


I was praying for the past few days how can my life be a blessing to other people, especially to the people at our office. This verse says it all. 
    Light - Jesus 
    Lamp - Me/You/Us
    Stand - Community (school, office, neighborhood, organisation)


    Make sure you get the Light from the light Himself, Jesus. How? Through His word, His Church and His people. The lamp symbolized our life. Make yourself available to get some light. You can't shine if you are not connected to the source. Very basic yet neglected. Have a regular quiet time. Pray. Enjoy  the company of fellow believers. Apply what you learned.


    Next question is, where can I shine? Where you are right now is the very place where God wants you to shine. Everything happens for a reason. It's no accident you are in that school or in that company. God knows and He has a plan. A perfect plan. Better listen and do our part.


    When I shine, you shine, We all shine bright. There's too much darkness going on. Spread some light. 


    Will leave you with this verse.


    In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16







    0 comments:

    Post a Comment