Greetings My Friend

Welcome to my personal blog. This blog is all about life, faith, love and anything under the sun. Peace out.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Listen and Learn

I do the talking most of the time, whether in reporting, get togethers and other activities that verbal words are needed. Believe it or not, I'm a different type of person during my high school days, I was shy and should I say lack of confidence in myself. I am saying this right now to set the record straight that along the way, people will change and that's including you and me. Just make sure you're changing for the better. 

This time, I felt and I was convicted by God to take time to listen and zip my mouth to give way for others to talk. I learned that as you take time to listen you will get to know the person really well and understanding their point of views  that will help us to be open minded. As I took time to listen, I learned a lot. These past days have been a learning experience as I interviewed one of my friend and a volunteer pastor in our church. I learned a lot about passion and being a servant as we humble ourselves before the Lord. But that does not end there. There's a viral video today that's circulating around Facebook about a talk given by Professor Winnie Monsod. After watching it, I've never been this involved and engaged in my academics. I'm not a UP student nor a Dean's Lister in our school but  this taught me a lot on loving our country and being proud of it. I learned how to give back by being a person of HONOR and EXCELLENCE in everything that we do. With that in mind, INTEGRITY will follow and that kind of person I want to be. I want to apply it in my relationship with God, family, friends, church and I believe that's the kind of person God wants is to be. 

Watch and be inspired by this video:






"Im only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I ought to do. With the grace of God, I will do it."-Prof. Monsod


When you take time to listen, you also take time to learn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment