Greetings My Friend

Welcome to my personal blog. This blog is all about life, faith, love and anything under the sun. Peace out.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Way of the Master - But If You Say So

This is great. I got a title for my blog this whole November. I will just share some of my insights as I read and meditate on the way Jesus do stuff during His time and how relevant it is today.

Yesterday, I was able to read Luke 5 from verse 1 to 11. The heading was, The First Disciples. It got me instantly because nowadays churches have been struggling to be discipled and get disciples. This made me wonder how Jesus did this without attending conferences and apply some 10 things "to-do". So here's the plot, Jesus was speaking in public on the shore. He went on a beach to preach! After His preaching, He told to Simon to go out and let down your net to catch some fish . Simon replied that they've been fishing the whole day and didn't catch a thing. Read Simon's next words, BUT IF YOU SAY SO, I'll let down the nets again. To cut the story short, their boats were not enough and the net almost broke to get all the fish. That's obedience!

Simon knew the fact that there's nothing to catch but Jesus instructed him to do it again. He just obeyed. Often times, we are blinded by reality. But we are not called to live like that, we are called to LIVE by FAITH and not by sight. Yes, it is true that we must consider facts but that can't be fully applied when it comes to spirituality and obedience. God loves crazy stuff. He wants to do things that will blow your mind and leave you speechless. And that time, Simon was speechless and felt unworthy that Jesus spends time with them. I can relate to Peter. Who are we that He, Jesus wants to spend time with filthy sinners like us? His grace is evident in this story.

So here's the catch, when you obey good things happen. It's like obeying our parents and teachers. When they say something that you must do, you must DO IT. No holding back, even if you don't feel like doing it. The same way when God wants us to do something. My prayer is that we can tell God what's really happening in our lives and be willing to obey. This is me, this is what's happening BUT IF YOU SAY SO, I will obey you.

I don't know what God is saying to you. These are some areas where we can apply obedience.
- obeying our parents
- doing school works
- attending church services and gathering
- forgive those who hurt you
- helping the poor
- be active in ministry
- share the Good News

Remember: Obedience is better than Sacrifice. Just do it.

Watch out for more! Faith-Hope-Love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment